How much does it cost to get a patent?
It depends. Depending on the complexity and technology some simple mechanical patents have wide ranges. Call Steven Stewart, LLC today for a consultation.
How do I find out if my invention was already out there?
For an invention to have a patent it has to be considered novel and non-obvious. To find out if there are any prior disclosures or patents, I will conduct a prior search to find an answer.
How long does it take to get a patent?
The average time it takes to get a patent is 22 months.
What is the difference between a patent and a trademark?
Patents prevent others from marking or selling an invention while trademarks protect the words, phrases, symbols, logos and other devices used to identify the source of goods/services from competitors.
How long does a patent last?
A U.S. utility patent will last for 20 years from the date the patent application is filed. A design patent is generally granted protection for 14 years from the date the design patent is granted.
What are the benefits of U.S. trademark registration?
- Registration on either register provides multiple benefits such as....
- Granting the right to use the registered trademark symbol ®
- Grants the right to file a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court
- For more information on the benefits of trademark registration in the US, call Steven Stewart, LLC today!
What are the procedures for U.S. trademark registration?
- First you must apply for the trademark
- Second, once a trademark search is complete, determine the trademark class under which the application would be filed as well as the description of the goods/services it would represent
- It is important to file the correct forms, call Steven Stewart, LLC today for assistance in filing for trademark registration